Thursday, March 26, 2009

On Vacation

I had hoped to do more blogging on vacation, but the compulsion to relax and do nothing has proven far too strong. While the last few days have not exactly been beach weather, Mrs. Hommes and I are not exactly beach people, so we have been just fine with spending our days sleeping in late, reading, watching movies, playing Rummikub, eating seafood and making fruity drinks, all from the comforts of a generous friend's seaside condo. The worst of the weather appears to be over, but here is the current view from the porch:



While the PCB area is not much known for its food, there are a few places that the wife and I insist on eating at least once every trip down, and they include Hunt's Oyster Bar for the raw/steamed oysters, Buddy's Seafood for take-out steamed shrimp (no website, but here's a blog which provided inspiration on how to use some of the extra shrimp), and Mike's Diner for breakfast or lunch.

Before the rain came, we spent a day driving and walking around Rosemary Beach, Seaside, and several of the small communities in between. While we didn't make it to Grayton Beach and The Red Bar, it was neat to once again revisit many of the places we first traveled in the days after our engagement.

So this may be my only post this week. I logged on intending to type out a few passages of Winston Churchill's A Far Country that I am reading as part of a book club, but the fact is that I am feeling incredibly lazy, and another movie has just started. It is vacation after all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Justus, I was depending on you to type out the important passages from AFC so that I could at least act as if I've been keeping up with the reading. Thanks for nothing...

Hope the Hommeses are enjoying the time off.