Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Book Reviews and Griffin Bell

I admit, I don't know enough about the late Griffin Bell to state an opinion as to his politics or legal career, but I have all the evidence I need to confirm his good judgment with respect to the President of The University of Georgia:

Whitt, the book's author, died in January of a heart attack. He had been urged to write the book by former U.S. Attorney General Griffin Bell, a prominent Atlanta attorney and Adams critic. In the book, Bell, who has since died, said Adams used the athletics vs. academics angle to thwart any pressure from the Board of Regents and saved his job.

All the information in the book is probably old news, but I wonder how many other university presidents have inspired Pulitzer prize winners to document theirs scandals with a book?

No comments: