Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Becase whiteys pass and shoot three-pointers?

From NPR, I just had to post this:

This idea offends so many people on so many levels that I can't believe it will get anywhere:

A promoter says he's going to start up a whites-only professional basketball league with teams in 12 Southern cities.

And Don "Moose" Lewis says there's nothing hateful about the idea.

"I don't hate anyone of color," he told the Augusta Chronicle. "But people of white, American-born citizens are in the minority now. Here's a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like."

Players would have to be "natural born United States citizens with both parents of Caucasian race."

Rick Chandler at NBC Sports' Out of Bounds blog says he "made a couple of calls to make sure this isn't some sort of prank, and sadly, it's indeed legit." Then, he adds:

OK global warming, we're pretty much done here. We thought we were making progress, but you can go ahead and cook us up. Just try and spare the dolphins; they're smart.

WJBF-TV in Augusta aired this report:



In idea so backwards and laughable that even ol' Augusta finds too objectionable - I didn't know that was possible. I kid, I kid, I grew up in Disgusta, it does have its advantages.

3 comments:

Professor J A Donis said...

You grew up in Augusta?
My parents live in Evans. I love that place! You can catch me playing at Jones Creek golf course quite often, and every once in a while I go out to the River Course just across the border into SC.

Anonymous? said...

So many issues on so many levels. This kind of stuff brings out the idiots though. I did myself the disservice of reading the comments on the article you linked. Geez.

Justus Hommes said...

My parents live on the Evans/Martinez line. If you know your way around Jones Creek you're probably a decent golfer. I, on the other hand, stink.