Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Name is Justus Hommes

Not really. It is a pseudonym. I will be the first to admit that using a pseudonym is questionable since I don't anticipate many, if any, people reading this blog. Still, I plan to use this as a place to work through tougher issues, including religion, economics, and culture. While those closest to me know that I love debating every side of an issue and don't mind being considered crazy, I am wary of putting anything in writing because, as the title of this blog suggests, I am still seeking for the right words. I know very little about anything, but feel strongly that ideas are messy, and resist being defined by labels. About the only label I identify strongly with is Christian, but even that I hope to spend a good bit of time exploring and qualifying on this blog.

What of my nom de plume? Well, the name Justus is from the New Testament of the Christian Bible. There are three different men with this name mentioned throughout the New Testament, each portrayed positively albeit very briefly. Honestly, though, the idea that Justus can be played with as "Just us" or "Justice" geeked me out. The second name's meaning I'll leave as a very small mystery for now, but again the word play was a big factor, and a few Google searches should be enough for anyone to figure out the homage to a certain historic figure.

I am doing this blog for my own enjoyment, but welcome any readers and comments I may receive. I look forward to the challenge.

2 comments:

Anonymous? said...

Well, shoot, while I'm reading the blog archives at the in-laws watching Wisconsin put a surprising beating on Miami (still in the 2nd Quarter), I figured it would be wrong not to comment on the inaugural blog.

I didn't realize that you'd only been doing it about a year. Thought it was longer than that. And I saw one comment by Inigo Montoya. Was that the first iteration of Rosen Rosen?

I'm still a little disappointed that I haven't come up with anything better than Anonymous?, but there are worse things. The one thing I like about Anonymous is that when I post a comment, and then realize I haven't logged in, I can still just check the Anonymous button, and people will still be able to identify my inappropriate comments.

I think your first year has been a success, and I really enjoy the blog. I'm looking forward to another year of it. I actually had a couple of moments where I thought maybe I'd start one, but realized I'd rather just post on yours.

Have you ever had to delete a posted comment? It seems to me that you probably haven't, and always deal with us pretty calmly when we get all agitated.

See you in the New Year!!

Justus Hommes said...

I'm pretty much a free speech guy, and nothing has gone so far that I think any serious lines were crossed, so no, I haven't deleted any comments.